Walking Through the "Good Enough" Mine
Here's video from us talking a walking tour the the "Good Enough" Mine.
This was an awesome mine to take a walk through. Click here for photos from the trip.
A few things to notice about the video:
- As usual, there were thousands of flies in the first 100 feet or so (you can see swarms of them flying through the lights).
- Once we got past them, it was a very clean mine.
- There were a few old wooden chutes holding back thousand of pounds of smaller rocks. This was very scary for me. I kept thinking if one of those old boards would break and the rocks would come tumbling down the chute, we would be trapped forever!
- The camera brought out a lot of detail I couldn't see while there. You will notice a large 55 gallon drum on the side of the tunnel. I did not see it either on the way in or out. It was much darker than the video showed (the camera brought the light settings way down). We only had three working flashlights between the seven of us (and one dog).
- The small vent shaft leading up from the main tunnel with the ladder was very cool. The tunnel kept going, but I turned back after hitting the vent shaft.
Watch in "HD" if you can (so you can see the flies)...