The Celtic Crusader
Saving the World ... One Dance at a Time
The Celtic Crusader: the world's first Irish Dancing superhero was a defender of justice and the Celtic way. With her Curls of Fury, the Celtic Crusader battled evil-doers for a little more than a year.
It was a lot of fun drawing and writing these episodes.
As I said on the About Matt Marine page, I created the Celtic Crusader to support my daughters' Irish Dancing hobby. I developed the comic book characters based on my daughters and their friends.
I wrote, illustrated and "published" them online. They were light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek stories that the kids really liked.
Celtic Crusader PDF pages
Here's a list of web pages that were originally published on the website. I've turned into PDF files you can look at:
- The Celtic Crusader's Home Page
- The Celtic Crusader's About Me Page
- The Celtic Crusader's Adventures
- Volume 1, Episode 1: A Case of Stage Fright!
- Volume 1, Episode 2: Returns in a Case of Stage Fright! (for some reason this is a BIG file 14MB)
- Volume 2, Episode 1: Trouble with the Treble Maker!
- Volume 2, Episode 2: Ghillie Girl's Gigglin' Gamble!
- Volume 3, Episode 1: The Blue-Eyed Rascal Takes the Stage!
- Volume 3, Episode 2: If the Slippery Shoe Fits!
- Volume 3, Episode 3: If the Slippery Shoe Fits-Take Two!
- Volume 4, Episode 1: A Medal for Max the Marauder!
- Volume 4, Episode 2: The Great Chocolate Heist!
That's where I left off. The Celtic Crusader and her friends were in trouble and ... well, it's sort of a cliff hanger. Things happened and my daughters are not performing in Irish Dance anymore. Maybe one of these days I will finish the episode so there's at least some closure ...
The Celtic Crusader's sidekick:
Surfing her rainbow into the sea of injustice. She may be small and cute, but Ghillie Girl kicks some serious butt when it comes to her dance steps and dealing with mischief makers. She’s a SUPER sidekick
The Celtic Crusade's Arch Enemies:
The Treble Maker
Lean, mean, and just plain bratty, the Treble Maker is the Celtic Crusader's arch nemesis. With her Accordion of Deafness and her ability to place first in almost any Special, she causes trouble at every feis she attends! This girl needs a serious attitude adjustment … and how!
The Blue-Eyed Rascal
Made of sugar and spice … but not very nice. The Treble Maker’s sidekick. She’s nine years old and a little pistol, creating trouble wherever she dances and is a constant thorn in the Celtic Crusader's side.
Max the Marauder
Grabbin’ for gold and makin’ mischief. The Celtic Crusader never really know if Max is for good or for … well … himself. He’s cute (in a devious way) but she's never really sure she can trust him. She's keeping her eyes on this guy!